- Richard Hickson, born 1825, Police Officer in Tasmania
- Thomas Hickson, born 1825 in Barton, Staffordshire, was a farmer of 36 acres in Tatenhill, Staffordshire in 1851,
but by 1861 had changed his profession
and become a Policeman - in Wargrave, Berkshire
- Thomas Hickson,
PC 1, born ca 1836 in Cheshire. Served in Warrington and Castleford. Interesting story.
- Thomas Hickson, born in St Martins, Lincoln. Was serving as a Constable at Causeway Police Station, Mitcham in 1851.
He was probably born ca 1834, but this is not very clear from the 1851 census.
- George Hickson, Police-Constable H 119, appeared for the prosecution at the Old Bailey in 1839
- Thomas Hickson, Police Constable K 272, appeared for the prosecution at the Old Bailey in 1845
- James Hickson, Police Constable 4 B, appeared for the prosecution at the Old Bailey in 1867. In 1870 James Hickson, Police Inspector X R,
appeared for the prosecution at the Old Bailey.
- George Hickson, born 1829 in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, was a Police Constable in Wolverhampton in 1851
(This is a correction.)
- Robert Tracy HIXON, b. May 1842 Belmont or Cambridge, Mass., d. 1902 Mass.
1900 census: in Cambridge, Mass., policeman. Parents James Robert HIXON and Margaret Amelia TRACY. Robert T. m. Helen (Nellie) WING.
Children Mabel Frances, James Robert (also a policeman), Margaret, Edward Tracy.
- Charles Higson, born 1848 in Stalybridge, Police Constable in Turton
- John HICKSON b. May 1855 Ireland. 1900, 1910, and 1920 censuses: in Lowell, Mass., police officer for the city.
Parents Thomas HICKSON and Mary RYAN. John m. Margaret McGRATH.
Children Mary, John, George, Frank, Henry, Margaret, Charles, Catherine b. 1882-1891.
- John Hickson, born 1857 in Ireland, Police Constable, London
- James Hickson, born 1858 in Ireland, Police Constable, London
- John William Hickson, born ca 1864 in Co Kerry, Ireland,
Metropolitan Police in Tredgar, Wales and possibly in the
Mounted Police in Canada
- Charles Walter Hickson, born 1864 in Barton under Needwood, Police Superintendent, Stoke on Trent
- Descendants of Richard and Margaret (WATKINS) HIXSON:
Arthur Scott HIXSON (Irene HIXSON's relative) b. 1 Dec 1871 Sharon, Mass., d. 1937. 1920 census: in Sharon, police officer for town. Parents Edgar Macy HIXSON and Mary Ella COMSTOCK. Arthur m. Florence DEANE. No children.
- George HICKSON b.ca 1873 Ireland. 1920 census: in Holyoke, Mass., police officer for the city. Parents John HIXON (HICKSON) and Johanna MORIARTY. George m. Hannah (Annie) HOGAN. Children John, Katharine, George, William, Frank b. 1908-1919.
- James Robert HIXON, b. Apr 1887 Cambridge, Mass. 1920 census: in Boston, Mass., single, policeman for city.
Parents: Robert Tracy HIXON and Helen (Nellie) WING
- Edward (Ned) Hickson, Police force in Liverpool. He was alive in the 1920/30s
- Frank Hickson, born 1874, was a
Liverpool policeman and was awarded a certificate and medal by the
LIVERPOOL SHIPWRECK AND HUMANE SOCIETY for "rescuing a man who had fallen
into the canal at Tattersall Place on July 27th 1900."
- Patrick Hickson, born 1878, Police Sergeant in Irish Police
- Frederick Hickson, born 1883, Police Constable. Kirkdale, Lancashire and Barnton, Cheshire
- Walter Charles Hickson, born 1889 in Margate, Police Constable
- George T. HIXON (HICKSON) b. 3 Oct 1889 Westfield, Mass. 1920 census: in Westfield, occ. "patrolman, town." Parents George J. HIXON (HICKSON) and Anna Maria English. George T. m. Nora ---. Children Ruth & George b. 1917-1918.
- William Hickson, born in the 1890s in Market Harborough, Railways, Police, Prison Warder
- Michael HICKSON b. 29 Sep 1892 Chicopee, Mass. In the 1920 census he was living in Chicopee with his parents and was a police officer for the city. Parents Samuel (Simon) HICKSON and Ellen (Nellie) CAVANAUGH. Not married as of 1920.
- John Hickson, born ca 1895, Salford City Police
- Walter Hickson was a London Metropolitan Policeman in 1908
- Alf Hickson, born 1905, Police in St Helens. Died in Brisbane, Australia in 1973
- Thomas W Hickson Chief of Police - Nokomis, Illinois and Avon, Illinois. Retired in 1996
- PFC Jacqueline L. Hickson 333rd Military Police -- Illinois National Guard.
If you know of any more people that should be added to this list,
or if you would like any more details of any of the above,
please get in touch.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]