I no longer update this page.
It finally got to me. The amount of spam I was receiving finally hit a critical point. I was off the grid for a couple of days, and of the 938 e-mails I had when I got back, half were from automated systems (like Bugzilla), and half were spam, with the remainder (like half a percent or something) being from the three or four dozen mailing lists I'm subscribed to. I think there was one interesting e-mail out of the 938.
So. All my mail now goes through Razor, Spam Assassin (set to a pretty low tolerance level), and GMail's spam filters, before being redirected into my inbox. I don't plan on checking for false positives too much, so if you want me to read your mail, I would encourage:
* Using plain text e-mail; not HTML mail.
* Replying in context, quoting just what needs quoting; not top-posting and including the entire thread in the mail.
* Spelling correctly.
GMail in particular seems to have no compunction about flagging valid mail as spam if it looks even slightly boring.
Undelivered Mail. Returned to sender
I tried to reply to you, but the message was returned to me
- Wanda. Subject: Thomas Hickson and Ann Foggarty, 9th August 2007 and 15th July 2004
- Laree. Subject: Hicksons from Carroll County, 5th August 2007
- Pam Perkins. Subject: Phoebe Hickson 1796 of Gt Budworth, 29th July 2007
- Will, researching Irish Prossors / Prossers, 28th July 2007
- Wanda West. Researching parents of Nancy E Casteel, 18 July 2007
- Carl Hickson on Tuesday, 10th July 2007 - error in your e-mail address? (see message below, exactly a year ago, Carl)
- Harold (Paddy) Hickson on Thursday, 5th July 2007
- Steve from Australia - I have tried several times to reply, but your connection always
- On Fri Sep 8 13:48:20 2006 Kevin McDonald.
You gave an incomplete e-mail address.
- Tracey Boswell in reply to a message sent 20th March 2006
- Carl Hickson from VA on 10th July 2006
- Jim Hixson on 10th April 2006
- Kay Bridges
- Carol Black (re: Whitfield)
- Ray Fenwick
- Virginia Macnaughton
- Orla, surname not known
- Craig, surname not known
I tried to contact you, but the message was returned to me
- Jan Craig on 10th May 2006 - Has anyone any news of Jan or Mike?
Family Gatherings around the world.
If you are aware of a proposed Family Gathering please let me know.
See Family Gatherings
[an error occurred while processing this directive]