Hicksons found in Northamptonshire, England:
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please contact me
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Sarah Hickson died 1887 in Blisworth
- William Hickson, born 1796 in Blisworth, married Sarah. They were shopkeepers and had about 8 children all born in Blisworth:
- unknown, parent of Benjamin Packwood
- Sarah Lazenby, born 1833
- George William Hickson, 1840
- John Hickson, 1840
- James Hickson, 1842
- William Hickson, 1847
- Rebecca Hickson, 1849
- Mary A Hickson, 1851
- Frederick Hickson, 1854
- Thomas Hickson, born 1831 in Blisworth, to parents unknown
- George William Hickson, born 1840 in Blisworth, married Ann of Plymouth.
They lived in Fordham, Cambridgeshire
- Emily Hickson, daughter of Mary Ann who subsequently remarried (to George Butler), was born 1870 in Blisworth
- Robert Hickson was buried 1809 in Braunston. At his burial he was described as a husband.
- Elizabeth Heckston married unknown 1539 in Castor
- William Hickson married Grace Jeffrey in 1818
- William Hickson, Fruiterer, had a daughter, Mary, in 1819
- Are these two Williams the same person?
- William Hickson of Blisworth, married Sarah of Towcester, probably ca 1833-1840
- Thomas, Alice & John Hickson were born 1827-1831
- Elizabeth Hickson married Edward Green in 1821
- Thomas Hickson and Fanny, had three sons, Arthur, Richard & Ernest between 1882 & 1894
- William Hickson was born 1857 in
Collington, Northamptonshire. He married Fanny Digby who was born 1854 in Milton.
Should Collington read
see also Cheshire
- John Hickson, possibly of Croughton, was the father of William Hickson who was baptised 1674 in Backford, Cheshire
(from the Backford parish registers in Cheshire record office)
- John Hixson, "of Croughton", was the father of Alice Hixson who was baptised 1676 in Stoke, Cheshire
(Stoke and Backford are only 2.6 miles apart)
- Timothy Hickson, variously described as 'of Cro' and 'of Stanney', was the father of
- Anne who was buried 1683 in Stoke/Stoak, Cheshire
- Elnne who was baptised 1683 in Stoke/Stoak
- Anne who was baptised 1684 in Stoke/Stoak
- Thomas who was baptised 1687 in Stoke/Stoak
- Stoke and Stoak are only 0.4 miles apart and
there is a place called Croughton in Cheshire which is only 0.9 miles from Stoak
- Thomas Hickson was a Wesleyan minister of Daventry.
He was the son of John Hickson, a grocer.
Married Ann Jones in 1842 in Northampton when he was described as
a widower of 'Full age'.
- Richard Hickson married Alice Shepherd 1745 in Easton on the Hill
- William H Hickson, a curate, born 1855 in London, was lodging in Kettering in 1881
- Elizabeth Hickson, born 1900 in Kettering, was the daughter of Ernest & Mary Hickson, formerly of Huntingdonshire
- Agnes Hexson married Thomas Olyver, 1600, in Lilford
- Arthur Hickson was born 1881 in Milton Malsor.
He married Mary Jane Robinson ca 1895 but was killed by a train about 11 years later
- The date of death needs checking since Arthur Ernest Hickson, thought to be his son, was not born until 1911,
a date which has been double checked
- Thomas Hickson, son of William & Elizabeth, was born 1877 in Moulton.
His siblings were born in Pitsford
- Mary Hickason, of Northampton, married John Pain ca 1726.
- William Hickson was born 1779 in Northampton. He later married Ann and moved to Middlesex.
- Samuel (1808) and James (1811), sons of William (born 1781) & Matilda Hickson, were born in Northampton.
- Harriet (1828) and Charles (1832), children of Mrs Sarah Hickson or Upton, Northamptonshire were born in Northampton.
- William Hickson, a soldier in 1861, was born 1828 in Northampton.
- Mary A Hickson (1840) and Elizabeth Hickson (1843) daughters of Stephen & Ann Jackson were born in Northampton.
- Kate E Hickson, daughter of William Hickson and Sarah Leah, was born at St Peter, Northampton in 1869
- Nellie E Hickson, daughter of
George S & Louise E Hickson, was born 1889 in Northampton.
Her sister, Gertrude, was born in Towcester and her brother, Ernest A, was born in Pattishall.
- Richard Hickson was born ca 1890 in Northampton
- Elsie Hickson was born 1896 in Nothampton
- Stanley Hickson was born 1898 in Northampton
- Ernest A Hickson was born 8 months before the 1891 census in Pattishall to
George S & Louise E Hickson.
The 1901 census suggests that he was born in Astcote, but they are less than one mile apart.
He was the only boy of four children
- Catherine Hickson of Peakirk, married Richard LAmbert 1694 in Peakirk
- Thomas Hickson married Elizabeth Kirk 1793 in St John Baptist, Peterborough
- William Hickson was born 1832 in
- Peterborough, according to the 1851 census
- Wyberton, South Lincolnshire, according to the 1861 census
- Mary Hickson was born 1865 in Newark, Nottinghamshire, but was a boarder in Peterborough in 1881
- Elizabeth D Hickson was born 1880 in Peterborough
- Oliver Francis Hickson was born 1883 in Fletton, Huntingdonshire
- Helen, 1891; Charles Edward, 1892; Constance, May 1893 and Ruby Lydia Galdys Hickson, 1898
were born in Peterborough to Charles Edward Hickson and Helen Woodward
Was Elizabeth a younger sister to WIlliam?
- William Hickson was born 1848 in Pitsford.
He married Elizabeth and they had:
- Thomas, 1877, born in Moulton
- James, 1883, born in Pitsford
- Ellen, 1885, born in Pitsford
- Edith, 1887, born in Pitsford
- William, 1892, born in Pitsford
- Elizabeth Hickuson was born 1866 in Pitsford. She was a Housemaid in 1881
- Margaret Hickson married Edward Ekins on 1st January 1654/5 in Raunds
- Thomas Hickson married Anne Thornton 1643 in Staverton
- Beatrice Hickson died 1838 in Towcester
- Sarah Hickson died 1838 in Towcester
- The 8 children of James Hickson and Rebecca Tear who married in Northampton in 1799 were all born in 'Particular Baptist', Towcester
as were many of their descendants
- John Higgeson married Jane Wiggin 1806 in Towcester
- Richard Hickson married Ann Clarke 1809 in Towcester
- George S and Louise E Hickson had four children:
- Dora M born 1876 in Shelford, Cambridgeshire
- Nellie E born 1889 in Northampton
- Ernest A born 1890 in Pattishall
- Gertrude born 1897 in Towcester
- Elsie Elizabeth Hickson was born 1883 in Towcester, but I don't know who her parents were
- Joseph Hickson married Elizabeth Trancit 1740/1 in Watford, Northamptonshire