Places in which Hicksons have been found in Dorset:
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
Hicksons found in the County of Dorset:
- John Emerick Hickson, born 1864 in Dudley, died 1955 in Bournemouth
- Leslie Charles Robert Hickson (1888-1972) lived in Bournemouth
- Ivy Hickson (Mrs Eric Uphill) (1909-1980) moved from London to Bournemouth
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Clifford Hickson (1916-1992) son of Percy & Margaret moved from Forest Hill, London to Dorset.
He died at Dorchester.
- John Hickson married Susanna Smartfield 1823 at St James, Poole
- Albert Henry Hickson drowned in Poole Harbour in 1905. His gt gt gt gd father was Joseph
Hickson (1735-1797) of Kenardington in Kent
- Mary Hixon married William Lush 1715 in Shaftesbury
- Mary Hixon married Thomas White 1733 at St Peter, Shaftesbury
- George Hixson married Elizabeth Leach 1721 in Swanage
- The inscription over the straw-plait basket shop reads:
T. Hixson, pleasure boats for hire.
Next door to the basket shop was "Hixson, Swanage House Agency".
For a picture see the Contents page
- Thomas Hickson married Hannah Sopers 1759 in Swanage and had six children
- Ann Hixson was born 1837 in Swanage
- Maria Elizabeth Hixson married Alexander Dunnage Brown 1863 in Swanage
- Frederick George Hickson (1856-1925) was headmaster of "Oldfield" School where
Joan Hickson, the actress, went to school
- Amelia Ann Hixson was married 1871 in Wareham.
- Richard Hixson (1665-1718) married Margaret Watkins in 1686 in Milton, Massachusetts.
He died in Dorchester, Suffolk
- Ethel Hickson, born 1896, died 1988 at Dorcester, Massachusetts