Hicksons found in Nottinghamshire, England:
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- William Hickson, born 1821, married Emma Taylor who was born 1822 in Arnold
- Henry Hickson was a landowner in Arnold in 1873
- Ann Hickson died ca June 1839 in Basford
- Ellen Hickson married 1847 in Basford
- John & Mary Hickson had children baptised between 1776 & 1780, John, Mary & Ann.
- John Hickson married Sarah Lee 1801 in Gedling.
- Anne Hickson married William Thorpe 1803 in Gedling.
- Are these 2 of John's children?
- Sarah Hickson married Robert Truman 1829 in Gedling.
- Ellen Hickson married James Salvin 1847 in Gedling
- Samuel Hickson paid Hearth Tax 1674, Hatfield, Worksop (3 hearths)
- widow Hickson paid Hearth Tax 1674, Hatfield, Worksop (1 hearth)
- Thomas Hixson, Yeoman, made his Will in 1658
- Anne Hickson married Edward Ashwell 14 NOV 1637, in Misterton
- William & Sarah Hickson had their children baptised in Misterton between 1689 & 1702
- Sarah Hickson, born ca 1647, of Misterton married John Jackson 15 SEP 1668
- Robertus Hickson married Sarah Stoakham 12 JUN 1673, in Misterton
- John Hixson married Mary Banks 13 NOV 1689, in Misterton
- William Hixson had his daughter, Ann, baptised 1702 in Misterton
- Joseph Hickson married Mary Wellter 12 JUL 1700, in Misterton
- Mary Hickson married Willm Pears 11 SEP 1700, in Misterton
- Benjamin Hickson, born ca 1686, married Marthae
- Sarah Hickson, of Beckingham, Nottinghamshire married John Otter 5 FEB 1709/10, in Misterton
- William Hickson married Martha Standring 10 AUG 1710, in Misterton
- Maria Hickson married Johes Dickson 7 FEB 1710/11, in Misterton
- Catharin Hickson married John Brown 21 AUG 1718, in Misterton
- Joseph Hickson married Mary Metcalf 29 OCT 1718, in Misterton
- Robert & Elizabeth Hickson had their children baptised in Misterton between 1724 & 1733
- Elizabeth Hickson married Nicholas Walton 23 JUL 1728, in Misterton
- Sarah Hickson married Robt. Hall 29 OCT 1728, in Misterton
- Joseph & Elizabeth Hickson had their children baptised in Misterton between 1731 & 1735
- Martha Hickson married John Brown 29 JUN 1732, in Misterton
- Ann Hickson married Thomas Cambes 30 MAY 1741, in Misterton
- Elizabeth Hickson married Joseph Greaves 13 DEC 1748, in Misterton
- George Hickson married Elizabeth Harrison 30 JUN 1748, in Misterton
- Ann Hickson married Joseph Andrews 21 APR 1757, in Misterton
- Elizabeth Hickson married Samuel Titterton 27 MAY 1759, in Misterton
- Thomas Hickson, born 1746, died 16 JUN 1816,
married Mary Scott 16 NOV 1770, in Misterton
- John & Elizabeth Hickson had their children baptised in Misterton between 1791 & 1796
- Thomas Hickson married Sarah Birks 15 AUG 1804, in Misterton
- Mary Hickson married Joseph Brownlow 8 DEC 1808, in Misterton
- Joseph & Mary Hickson had their children baptised in Misterton between 1815 & 1820
- Elizabeth Hickson, born ca 1796, of Misterton married Charles Bradford Briggs 25 JUL 1814
- John Hickson married Rebecca Jackson 9 NOV 1826, in Misterton
East & West Stockwith. There seems to have been some connection with West Sculcoates, Hull,
according to the 1851 census
- Joshua Hickson Will made ca 1802/4 in East Stockwith, Lincolnshire
- Benjamin & Marthae Hickson had 2 children, Robertus & Anne, baptised 1711 & 1713.
There was a Robert Hickson who died 1771, aged 59 who was a ropemaker.
Is he the father of Thomas Hickson (1746-1816), roper of Stockwith?
- Thomas Hickson, born 1746, married Mary Scott 1770 in Misterton. Roper of Stockwith.
This family were still to be found in West Stockwith in 1805/6
- Joseph Hickson, born 1784 in West Stockwith, married Mary Wainwright in 1807 in Everton, Nottinghamshire
- John Hickson, born ca 1801 in West Stockwith, died 1864, married Sarah Elizabeth Skinner
(according to the 1861 census, but is this correct?)
- Henry Hickson was born 1805 in Stockwith, Nottinghamshire
- William Hickson was born 1807 in Stockwith. He married Mary
- Thomas Hickson, son of
Thomas, 1746, married Esther Perkin in Misterton,
He had 2 children, George & Ann ca 1806. Were John, Henry & William, above, from the same family?