Lancashire - Heads of families
Hicksons and Higsons found
in the County of Lancashire, England:
If you would like more details of these people, or their descendants,
in any particular place please
If the person (or people) for whom you are looking isn't here
let me know - I may know their ancestors.
It seems that the Hickson and Williamson families were very closely linked, note especially the 1851 census
It is surely not a coincidence that two of these Hicksons were called Vere. It is a very unusual name.
If you know of any of these families please get in touch with
- James Hickson married Elizabeth. James died 1878 in Grove Street
- John Williamson, born 1793 in Bootle, was the uncle of John Hickson, born 1836 in Liverpool
- Vere Williamson Hickson's grandfather came from Bootle. Vere was born in 1888
- James Hickson, born 1808 in Liverpool, married Ann who was born 1797 in Bootle.
Their nephew was called William Williamson, born in 1818, also in Bootle
- John Hickson, see above, born 1836
- Elizabeth Hickson, born 1837 in Liverpool, was the step daughter of Thomas & Ann Bickerstaff.
presumably Ann was previously married to a Hickson
- Charles Hickson, born 1837 in Kirkdale, married Jane of Bootle. They lived in Bootle
- Mary Ann Hickson, born 1855 in Liverpool, was a servant in Bootle in 1881
- siblings, the step children of John Blackman, William born 1866, Vere born 1869 and Hilda born 1871, were born
- Frederick S Hickson, nephew to Ellen Taylor, was born 1868 in Bootle
- Patrick Higson, born 1812 in Walmesley, was living in Elton as a boarder in 1861
- Samuel & Alice Hickson lived in Elton in 1861 with their family
- Richard & Ann Higson lived in Elton in 1861 with their family
Irlam is situated South West of Eccles, near Manchester
- Sarah Hickson, of Irlam, married James Houghton 1776 in Eccles
- John Higson married Mary. Their son, William, was baptised in 1800
- Thomas & Patience Higson had their children baptised 1797-1802
- Ralph & Mary Higson had their children baptised 1798-1802
- siblings, Ann & John Higson were born 1785 & 1797 in Irlam
- William Hickson, born 11 JAN 1810 in Irlam, married Ann.
They lived in Liverpool Road
- Peter Hickson, born 1813 in Irlam, lived in Chorlton, Ardwick
- James Hickson, born 1817 in Irlam, was living in Crumpsall in 1881
- Mrs Elizabeth Hickson, born 1820 in Irlam, was living in Irwell Place, Eccles in 1881, a widow
- James Hickson, born 1821 in Irlam, Lancashire, married Jane
- Michael Higson, born 1843 in Irlam, married Caroline ca 1866
- Ann Hickson was born 1846 in Irlam
- Ellen Hickson, born 1865 in Eccles, Lancashire
- John & Mary Hickson lived in Carr Road. He died after 1945