Hicksons found in Essex, England:
These are the Heads of families only, that is, my Brick Walls.
If the person for whom you are searching is not there, it may be because I already know his parentage.
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Henry Hickson, sold ale & bread without a licence in 1600
- Samuel Hicson married Anne Neale 1633 in Bocking
- Anne Hickson, daughter of William Hickson,
was baptised 1654 in Bradwell near the Sea
She married William King there in 1672
- William Hixon made his Will in 1574. He lived in Brightlingsea
- Richard Hickson, born 1817 in Hatfield Peverel, lived in Chelmsford with his wife Mary
- H C Hickson. - Mr H C Hickson left Rochester for his new appointment as postmaster of Ingatestone,
near Chelmsford, on Monday.
Before his sermon on Sunday morning, the Rev W J Gray the Vicar of St Nicholas Church, Rochester
(where Mr Hickson was People's Warden), referred to Mr Hickson's work and expressed his gratitude
"for the services rendered to this old Church so devotedly, lovingly and faithfully."
- Chatham News 28 March 1930.
- James Hickson married Mary Tunnage 1809 in St Leonard, Colchester
- Mary (1859) and Emily (1861), daughters of John Tully and Mary Hickson were born in Colchester
- James Albert Hickson who died ca 1953 and his wife Florence lived (and died?) in Dagenham
- Ann Matilda Hickson was born in East Ham. She married Edward Elton Martin. Their son was born in 1833
- William John Hickson was born 1845 in London (Middlesex) and died 1930 in Croydon.
He married Aphrah Welsman in 1864 in Bethnal Green.
His grandparents were Thomas Hickson and Ann Moore who were married in 1822 in Gravesend, Kent.
As a child, William was taken to Australia at 5 years. He returned to England in 1885 and spent
most of the rest of his life in the East End of London
- Walter Hickson was born in East Ham. He married Emily Osborn. Walter died in 1985, Emily died in 1996.
Who were Walter's parents?
- Robert Hickson was born in Epping, New Hampshire.
He married Phebe Chapman who was born 29 December 1702 in Hampton, New Hampshire.
- Richard Hickson was born 1817 in Hatfield Peverel. He married Mary.
- Robert Hickson was born 1825 in Hatfield. He married Mary and they lived in Islington.
- Margaret Hickson was born 1840 in Hatfield Peverill. [stet]
- James Hickson who was born in Langford, Essex in 1832. She married Harriet.
- see also Langford in Bedfordshire