Hicksons found in Cheshire, England:
These are the Heads of families only, that is, my Brick Walls.
If the person for whom you are searching is not there, it may be because I already know his parentage.
Abbotts Moss is in Delamere Forest (near Oakmere).
- Elizabeth Hickson was born in Great Budworth.
She married Thomas Foden and they lived in Abbotts Moss
Acton Bridge is between
Dutton near Runcorn,
Little Leigh and
Acton by Nantwich really is near
- Thomas Higson had his son baptised 1680
- Johem Hixson married Hanna Hassall 1710
- Dorothea Hixson married Richard Cliff 1721
- Fanny Hixon had her son, John, baptised 1789
Allostock is situated between
Newhall in Northwich,
Brereton cum Smethwick and
- John Hickson married Martha.
They lived in Allostock & Lower Peover.
He was buried 11 DEC 1781 in Ince
- Samuel Hixon/Hickson, son of Joseph & Elizabeth, was baptised 1758 in Lower Peover/Allostock
- Samuel Hickson married Betty. They lived in Allostock.
The record reads:
"Parent Sarah Hickson, mother of George Hope; Davenham; 27 June 1812; MF 87/1;
Sarah dau. of Samuel & Betty (Allostock); married to John Hope"
- Samuel Hickson, of Allostock & Lower Peover, had his daughters, Betty & Lydy, baptised 1788 & 1791
Is this the same family?
Alpraham is situated between
- Ann, daughter of John Hixson, was baptised 1685 in Bunbury & Alpraham
Astbury is near Congleton
Brereton cum Smethwick and
Biddulph in Staffordshire.
- Joseph Hickson, a gardener, married Mary. Their son, Matthew was buried 1746 in Astbury
- Sarah Hixon married William Sherratt 17 APR 1773, in Astbury
- Samuel Hickson married Mary Massey 1 JAN 1833, in Astbury
- Richard Hickson married Sarah Naylor 1853, in St Mary, Astbury
- Francis Hickson
married Mary A Cockbain early 1860s, in St Mary, Astbury.
He died 6 FEB 1880 in 50 Mornington Street, Chorlton upon Medlock, Manchester
- Litella Hickson married Alfred N Cross early 1890s, in St Mary, Astbury
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
Backford is near
and midway between
Little Sutton and
- James Hickson died in 1601. There was a contested Will
- William Hickson, a yeoman, died ca 1691 (see Will)
- William Hickson married Elizabeth Huxley 1703 in Chester St Oswald
- John Hickson married Anne Griffith 1743 in Backford
Brereton cum Smethwick is situated midway between
- Release by John son of Thomas Rogerson of Middlewich to Richard Hickoxon of all rights in a
messuage in Middlewich, between the lands of Sir John de Calveley and John Crossley in breadth,
and the land of John Crossley and the road from King street to the said messuage in length, and
in tenements in Pulfurlong in Newton and in Kinderton and in a garden near Muggesale, between
the stream and the road to Brereton. 1396, July 3.
- Elizabeth Higson died 1585. Will & Inventory in Brereton
Bunbury is situated between
Chorley near Macclesfield and
Acton by Nantwich
- Thomas Hickson - found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
- Katherine Hickson married Samuel Briscall both of Bunbury 1689 in Church Minshull
- Thomas Hickson, son of Thomas of Spurstow, was baptised 1677 in Bunbury
- Ann Hixson, daughter of John of Alpraham, was baptised 1685 in Bunbury
- Thomas Hickson, Gentleman of Spurstow, made his Will 1821 in Bunbury
- Mary Hickson, of Spurstow, made her Will 1830 in Bunbury. Were Thomas & Mary husband & Wife?
- Joseph Hickson married Martha Tunna 1796 in Bunbury
- Mary Hickson married John Ledsham 1808 in Bunbury
- Ann Hickson married Richard Davies 1805 in Bunbury
- William Hickson married Mary Beard 1815
Carincham or Kermincham was a township in Swettenham parish situated between
Brereton cum Smethwick and
- Francis Hikson was found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
Cheadle is situated between
- John Hickson of Handforth, Cheshire, married Martha Jackson 8 FEB 1787, in Cheadle
- Matthew Hickson married Mary Greaves 29 DEC 1805, in Cheadle
- Henry Hickton married Martha Norbury 27 DEC 1786, in Cheadle
- Frederick Higson, born 1845 in Stockport, was living in Cheadle in 1881
- Sarah Higson married Thomas Gadman 21 OCT 1771, in Cheadle
- William Higson, born 1841 in Heaton Norris, Lancashire, married Ellen. He was a Coal Agent in Cheadle in 1881
- Elizabeth Hixon, born ca 1796 of Cheadle, married Joseph Barlow 22 SEP 1817, in Cheadle
- Joseph Hixon married Fanny Wooddall 25 DEC 1810, in Cheadle
Chelford is situated between
Over Peover and
- Thomas Hickson of Chelford, a smith, married Ann Reade of Macclesfield by banns in 1825 (Prestbury parish)
- Samuel Hickson, born 1810 in Hartford, married Susannah Lomas in 1836 in Prestbury.
It seems likely that Thomas and Samuel were brothers. It is known that Samuel had other siblings
including David, Mary and Joseph
Church Minshull is situated between
- Randle Higson had his daughter, Margret, baptised in 1663
- John Hickson married Katherine Povey JUL 1662, in Church Minshull.
He was buried 27 FEB 1672/73 in Church Minshull
- Mary Hickson, of Tarporley, married Joseph Tapley 6 NOV 1680, in Church Minshull
- Katherine Hickson, of Bunbury, married Samuel Briscall 14 APR 1689, in Church Minshull
- Ralph Higson married Mary Jennion 17 FEB 1700/01, in Church Minshull
- John Hickson was born between 1798 & 1801 in Minshull Vernon.
He married Hannah Williams 31 DEC 1822, in Church Minshull
Claughton is situated near Birkenhead on the
- Mary Ellen Higson was born 1860 in Toxteth Park. In 1881 she was a domestic servant in Claughton with Grange
- Grace, daughter of Mrs Jane E Hickson, was born 1862 in Claughton
Congleton is situated near
Astbury in Cheshire and
and Heaton in Staffordshire.
- Elizabeth Hickson - 1660 Poll Tax "Elizabeth Hickson sp 1s-0d"
- Joseph & Mary Hickson had their son, John, baptised in 1751
- Thomas & Anne Hickson had their son, John, baptised in 1751
- George Hickson died 1838 in Congleton
- Emma Hickson died 1839 in Congleton
- John & Hannah Hickson had a son, John, born in 1838 in Congleton
- Harriet Higson was born 1814 in Congleton. She was a beer & wine seller
- Joseph Hickson of Mill Street. Boot & Shoe Makers and Smallware dealers
- William Hickson of Moor Street. Shopkeepers & Dealers in Groceries
- Charles Hickson (1821-1880) married Mary (born 1821 in Astbury).
He was a farmer, formerly of North Rode, late of Mount House, Park Lane.
I have a copy of his Will
- James Hickson (born 1834) married Margaret (born 1833) both born in Congleton, moved to Yorkshire
- Ellen A Hickson married George Sharp late 1850s. Congleton Civil Marriage
- Thomas Hickson, born 1836 in Congleton, married Ann Johnson late 1850s in Prestbury
- George Hickson was born about 1838 in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Jno (John or Jonathan?) Hickson was born 1839 in Congleton. His wife was called Ann
- Elizabeth Hickson married Samuel Stanway early 1860s at St James
- Ann Hickson was born early 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Emma Hickson was born early 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- George Hickson was born early 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Joseph Hickson was born early 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Olive Hickson was born early 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Samuel Hickson was born early 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Alfred Hickson was born 1841 in Congleton (1881 census). He was living in Tranmere in 1881
- Arthur Hickson was born 1841 in Congleton. His wife was called Ellen
- Edwin Hickson was born late 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- Lydia Hickson was born late 1840s in Congleton (Cheshire BMD)
- George Hickson was born 1848 in Congleton. His wife was called Elizabeth
- Edward Hickson was born 1850 in Congleton. He married Agnes Annie Macfadze of Manchester
- Rachel Hickson was born 1854 in Congleton. She was a Silk worker (1881 census)
- Hannah Hickson was born 1855 in Prestbury. She was a servant in Congleton in 1881
- Emma Hickson was born 1864 in Congleton. She was a Fustian Cutter
- Mabel Hickson married Joseph Shepherd early 1890s. Congleton Civil Marriage
see also Croughton in Northamptonshire
Croughton is between Stoke (Stoak) and
- John Hixson of Croughton had his daughter, Alice, baptised 1676 in Stoke, Cheshire
- Timothy Hickson "of Cro." had his children baptised in Stoke, Cheshire between 1683 & 1687
Castle Gloverstone. Gloverstone was an area between Chester Castle and the
city of Chester.
See A Vitual Stroll around the Walls of Chester,
in particular "1505 The Great Charter granted by Henry VIII".
- John Hicson was found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
Davenham is situated between
- Frances Hixson married James Cross 13 MAY 1695, in Davenham
- Joseph Hickson married Mary Worrall 3 MAY 1716, in Davenham
- Joseph Hickson married Mary Crowder 15 JUN 1720, in Davenham
- Thomas Hickson married Elizabeth Hunt 3 JAN 1728/29, in Davenham
- Thomas Hickson, born about 1722, married Elizabeth and had a son John ca 1749
- Thomas Hickson, born about 1723, married Elizabeth and had a son John who was born ca 1756 in Leftwich
- Thomas Hickson, born in Davenham, married Elizabeth Burrows 7 FEB 1754, in Davenham
- Thomas Hickson, born in Davenham, married Ann, and had a daughter, Sarah, who was baptised 1759
- Elizabeth Hickson of Davenham married Thomas Wilbraham 19 OCT 1762, in Davenham
- Samuel Hickson of the township of Lees, married Betty, and they had a daughter, Sally, who was baptised 1783
- William Hickson married Mary Cookson 22 JUN 1782, in Davenham
- Mary Hickson married Thomas Venables 25 NOV 1799, in Davenham
- Ann Hickson married John Houghton 28 NOV 1815, in Davenham
- John Hickson married Elizabeth Holland 7 NOV 1815, in Davenham
- Joseph Hickson married Elizabeth Waldren 29 OCT 1821, in Davenham
- William Hickson was buried 30 MAY 1804 in Davenham as an infant
- Henry Hickson married Mary Moss 29 DEC 1829, in Davenham
- John Hickson was the father of John who was born 1835. Son, John married in Davenham & lived in Wharton
- Martha Hickson married Samuel Fogg 23 FEB 1830, in Davenham
- Mary Hickson married John Such 1839, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- William Hickson married Mary Bowden 1840, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- Betsy Hickson married William Preston 1843, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- Samuel Hickson, born 1822 in Wharton,
married Margaret. He was a foreman in a salt works and
was buried in Wharton Churchyard, off Crook Lane
- Samuel Hickson, married Agnes Buckley 1843, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- James Hickson, born about 1825 in Davenham, married Ellen and had a son, Joseph, in 1850
- Mary Hickson married James Shackleston 1849, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- Mary Hickson married Joseph Sandbatch 1849, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- Ellen Hickson married Thomas Littlemore 1850, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- John Hickson, married Ellen Kirk late 1850s, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- George Hickson married Elizabeth Moore late 1870s, in St Wilfrid, Davenham
- Thomas Hickson married Eliza Egerton early 1880s.
He died in his 60s and was buried in Davenham Churchyard
Dunham on the Hill is situated between
Ashton on the east.
- John Hickson. 1615 Abstract of Admon - Thornton
- Richard Hickson. 1635 Inventory of personal property
- siblings living in Hazelhurst in 1881:
- Mary Higson was born 1810 in Dunham. She married Mr Darbyshire
- Henry Higson was born 1817 in Dunham. He was a farmer
- Thomas Higson was born 1821 in Dunham. He was a farmer
- Sarah Higson was born 1829 in Dunham. She was unmarried
- Peter Higson was born 1815 in Dunham. He married Sarah and was a gardener. They lived in Timperley
Was he another sibling?
- James Higson was born 1826 in Dunham. He was a widower in 1881 living in Manchester.
Was he another sibling?
- Thomas Hickson was born 1857 in Dunham. He was married and a labourer in Hulme
Dutton on Runcorn or Dutton near Runcorn is situated between
Weaverham (on the South East) and
Antrobus on the North West.
- Margaret Hickson of Nether Whitley married Peter Barlow of Dutton 1738
in Great Budworth
- Mary Hixon of Dutton, died ca 1695 (Admon)
Eastham is on the
situated between Bromborough and
- John Hixson, a farmer of Eastham, died 1815
- John Hickson of Eastham died 1818.
He had a brother, Thomas, who was a farmer of Hooton
- Joseph Hickson, born 1767, died 1840 in Eastham
- William Hickson married Elizabeth Done 1831 in Waverton
- Ellen Hickson married John Musgrove 20 February 1838, in St Mary, Eastham, Cheshire.
The marriage certificate does not show either of her parents.
She was a spinster aged 27 in 1838 (born 1811)
One witness was Louisa Hickson
- Louisa Hickson married Edmund J Rollings 1847, in St Mary, Eastham, Cheshire
- Ellen Fergusson Hickson, born 1873 in Eastham (Cheshire BMD)
Eccleston is at the centre of
Farndon and bounded on the west by Wales.
- Sarah Hickson married Peter Meredith in 1780
Farndon is on the border of Cheshire and Denbighshire (Wales), near
- John Hixon was a yeoman. An Inventory (probate) of his personal property was made in 1639
- Thomas Hickson, a Yeoman of Hampton, married Elizabeth. He died 1727
- Thomas Hickson of Wigland, married Ann about 1722
Idenshawe was, presumably, near Tarporley, although
I haven't been able to find it on any map.
There was a Baronetcy of Idenshaw created 1662 and extinct before 1708.
- Thomas Hickson was buried 25 Feb 1597 at Tarporley. He lived in Idenshawe with his daughter, Margaret
- John Hichesson of Idenshawe. Inventory of property 1641
Ince is situated between
Dunham on the Hill and
See Ince in the 18th Century by the Rev F G Slater.
- John Hickson of Ince was a Bondsman for Martha & Edmond Orrell of
Great Budworth at their marriage in 1772
- John Hickson married Martha. He was buried 1781 in Ince
Knutsford is situated between
Lower Peover and
See also Nether Knutsford
- William Hickson was buried 19 MAR 1795 in Knutsford
- Elizabeth Hickson married Isaac Gallymore 10 APR 1737, in Knutsford
- Elizabeth Hickson was buried 17 MAR 1799 in Knutsford
- Joseph Hickson married Elizabeth Williamson 21 FEB 1757, in Great Budworth. They lived in Knutsford
- John Hickson, born 1800, died 12 DEC 1870 in Rosthern, married Elizabeth Grimsditch 20 AUG 1825, in Knutsford
- Peter Hickson married Rebecca Clarke 21 MAY 1810, in Knutsford
- John Hickson married Margaret Walton 15 JAN 1811, in Knutsford
- Emma Hickson married John Burgess 26 MAY 1811, in Knutsford
- Peter Hickson was a saddler in 1855
- Margaret Hickson was a Milliner & Dress maker in 1855
- William Hickson, born 1837 in Knutsford, married Charlotte
- Elizabeth Hickson, born between 1837 & 1839 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Emma Hickson, born between 1837 & 1839 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- George J Hickson, born between 1837 & 1839 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Mary Hickson, born between 1837 & 1839 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Robert Hickson, born between 1837 & 1839 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Sophia A. Hickson, born between 1837 & 1839 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
Is this the daughter of John & Elizabeth (above)
- Eliza Hickson, born early 1840s in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Ellen Hickson, born 1849 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Peter Hickson, born 1852 in Knutsford, married Jane
- Henry Hickson, born 1853 in Knutsford, married Isabella
- Harriet Hickson, born 1855 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Margaret Hickson, born 1855 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Henry Hickson, born 1856 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- Peter Hickson, born 1859 in Knutsford (Cheshire BMD)
- James Hickson, born 1869 in Knutsford. Grandson of James Hickson
- William Henry Hickson, born about 1875, died 1920, married Annie Louise Rogers
- Annie Hickson married Ernest Roberts 1902, in St John, Knutsford
- Mary Ann Hickson married Richard Watson Harris 1903, in St John, Knutsford
Little Budworth is at the heart of
Over by Middlewich,
Strangely enough it is nowhere near Great Budworth.
- John Hickson
- A husbandman of Little Budworth and Brock Slack. 1630 Will & Inventory of personal property
- A Yeoman of Little Budworth. Will & Inventory of personal property, 1665
- & Ellen had 7 children, all baptised between 1682 & 1689 in Little Budworth
- Of Little Budworth. Will & Inventory of personal property, 1712
- Ann Hickson
- Was a widow of Little Budworth. Will 1690
- Margaret Hickson
- Will & Inventory; Little Budworth; 1691
- Radulphus Hickeson
- married 1571
- Ralph Hickson
- A Yeoman. Married Mary. Will & Inventory or personal property. 1722
- Randle Hickson
- A Husbandman. Married Ellen. He made his Will in 1715
- Joseph Hickson
- & Alice had 3 children baptised between 1691 & 1704 in Little Budworth
- Mary Hickson
- married John Gregory 1711 in Little Budworth
- James Hickson
- & Ann had son, Thomas, baptised 1736
- Richard Hickson
- & Mary had daughter, Mary, baptised 1765
Little Sutton is between
in the north and
Backford in the south.
- John Hickson, born 1833 in Liverpool, married Martha and they moved to Little Sutton in the 1870s
Lower Peover is situated between
Newhall in Northwich and
- Mary Hixon was buried 5 MAY 1762 in Lower Peover
- John Higson married Sarah Foden 25 JAN 1707/08, in Lower Peover
- Sarah Hickson married Thomas Williamson 12 MAY 1731, in Lower Peover
- John Hickson married Martha. He was buried 11 DEC 1781 in Ince
- Joseph Hickson, of Lower Peover, married Lydia Stubbs 20 JAN 1745/46, in Lower Peover
- Joseph Hickson married Elizabeth.
Their children were baptised 1758 to 1768
- Samuel Hickson. His children, Betty & Lydy were baptised 1788 & 1791
- Sarah Hickson married Richard Cocksey 7 JUL 1811, in Lower Peover
- Margaret Hickson, of Lower Peover, married William Tomlinson 1815 in Over Peover
- Henry Hickson, born 1857 in Pickmere, married Anne Cooke late 1870s, in St Oswald, Lower Peover
- Hannah Hickson married George Collins early 1890s, in St Oswald, Lower Peover
- John Hickson, born ca 1874, married Charlotte Clark, died ca 1960
Nether Peover was a township in Lower Peover.
- Fanney Hickson, born 1861 in Whitegate, niece of Isaac Jackson, living in Nether Peover
- Josh Hickson was a land owner in Nether Peover in 1873
- Thomas Hickson, a Yeoman of Hampton, married Elizabeth. He died 1727
- Mr Hickson married Elizabeth Johnson ca 1706. They were "of Cuddington, Malpas"
- Thomas Hickson of Wigland, married Ann about 1722
- Hickson siblings
- Samuel born 1810 in Hartford, a farmer, was buried 1879 in Malpas
- David born 1816, lived at Birtles Hall Farm
- Mary born in Sandiway, was buried in Gawsworth
- Joseph and others died before 1884
- Susannah Hickson married William Evans early 1880 in St Oswald
- Samuel Hickson was a landowner (of 4 acres in 1873)
Marston is situated between
- William Hickson and his wife, Mary, lived in Marston. She died (before her husband) in 1757.
- John Hickson, born 1785, married Elizabeth Ridgeway and lived for some time in Marston.
They had 3 children, James, John and Jabez (who owned the Lion & Railway Hotel in Witton).
They later lived in Great Budworth and Wincham.
John died 1821 and was buried in Great Budworth.
- Joseph Hickson married Ann Littler early 1890s in Lostock Gralam.
They lived with their daughter, Lizzie in Marston
Mobberley is situated near
Knutsford. Other places fairly nearby are:
- John Higson had his daughter, Alice, baptised 1645
- Richard Higson. Will, Admon & Inventory, 1730
- Thomas Hickson, born 1676, married Jane Royle 12 JAN 1696/97, in Mobberley
- Ephraim Higson, born 1686, died 13 MAY 1725 in Rosthern. He married Esther Hewitt
- Thomas Hixon was a tailor. Admon 1765
- John Higson, a minor, Admon or administration bond 1730
- Thomas Hixson married Alice Later 11 DEC 1738, in Mobberley
- Samuel & Mary Higson had their children baptised 1748 & 1749
- Samuel Hickson married Mary Leigh 25 DEC 1757, in Chester Holy Trinity
- Ephraim Hickson married Sarah Jefferson 9 DEC 1766, in Mobberley
- John Hickson married Sarah Bowes 18 APR 1766, in Mobberley
- Richard Hickson married Mary Hewitt 3 SEP 1773, in Mobberley
- Samuel Hickson married Margaret Egerton 27 DEC 1788, in St Wilfreds, Mobberley
- Sarah Hickson, of Mobberley, born about 1775, married Jeffrey Bray 12 JUN 1804, in Mobberley
- George Hickson married Lydia Falkner 28 SEP 1801, in Mobberley
- Elizabeth Hickson married Joseph Quarnby 25 APR 1808, in Mobberley
- Thomas Hickson married Ellen Jackson 19 APR 1818, in Mobberley
- George Hickson, baptised 1819 and
Margaret Hickson, baptised 1827,
children of Sarah Hickson
- Ephraim Hickson, born 1800 in Mobberley, married Elizabeth
- Thomas Hickson, born 1800, married Ann. 1861 census, Town Lane
- Henry Hickson, born 1827 in Mobberley, married Elizabeth. They lived in Hulme, Lancashire
- Ann Hickson, baptised 1832 in Mobberley, was the daughter of Mrs Elizabeth Hickson
- Elizabeth Hickson, born 1853 in Mobberley. In 1871 she was working for the Hewitt family at Foxwis Green
- Mary Ann Hickson, born 1857 in Mobberley. She was a dressmaker
- Henry Hickson, born 1860 in Warburton. In 1861 he was living at Town Lane. (see Thomas above)
- Eliza Hickson, born about 1863 in Mobberley married John Webb about 1884, in Mobberley
Mottram St Andrew
- George Hickson, from Mottram or Hyde, was born ca 1867, married ada Booth and died aged 88 in the 1950s
Monks Coppenhall was a township in Coppenhall parish, very near to Crewe.
Until the middle of the 19th century the people who lived in Monks Coppenhall were mainly farmers.
Other places nearby, where Hicksons were to be found, included
Acton by Nantwich and
- Roger Hickson, a Gentleman, married Mary Viggers 1747 in Coppenhall. They lived in Audlem.
- Henry Higson, born 1822 in Bolton, and his wife, Elizabeth, had a son, John, born 1855 in Crewe.
They lived in Monks Coppenhall. He was a Cabinet Maker
- William Hexon, born 1825 in Cheshire, married Eliza of Suffolk. They lived in Monks Coppenhall.
He was a Carpenter
- Ellen Hickson married Allen Allan, 1848, in St Michael, Coppenhall
- William H Higson, born 1849 in Bolton, and his wife, Elizabeth, had a son, William J, born 1876 in
Shavington. They lived in Monks Coppenhall. The father was a pattern maker.
- Note: There was another couple called William & Elizabeth, but who were born in Crewe,
who also had a son William (born 1870 in Crewe) living there at the same time.
Their gt grandparents are known. (see Swanlow)
- Albert H Hickson was born 1858 in Crewe. In 1881 he was a lodger in Monks Coppenhall.
- Note: There was another Albert H Hickson who married late 1890s in St Paul, Coppenhall.
He was born 1873 in Wybunbury. His gt grandfather was George Hickson, born ca 1777.
- Thomas William and Alice Hickson were married sometime between 1880 & 1890
They lived in Monks Coppenhall, Woolstanwood and later, Crewe. Their daughter, Alice Ellen
was born in Shavington.
- John James Hickson of Furber Street, Monks Coppenhall, married Fanny Louisa Hulse late 1890s
in St David, Wettenhall. He was a wheelwright.
Neston is on the
- Thomas Hickson was found in the Cheshire Remonstrance for 1642
- Robert Hickson. Admon or administration bond, 1646
- Thomas Hixon. Admon or administration bond, 1665. Great Neston
- John Hickson, Tailor of Great Neston, made his Will in 1669
- Alice Hickson, Spinster. Inventory of personal proerty 1671
- John Hickson, Brewer of Great Neston. Admon 1744
- William Hickson was a tailor. He made his Will in 1727
- John Hickson, Yeoman. Admon or administration bond, 1728
- John Hickson of Great Neston had his daughter, Mary (Hixon), baptised 1718 in Neston.
He died ca 1744, a widower. Admon or administration bond, 1744
- Thomas Hickson married Mary 1746 in Stoke. Is this the same as
- Thomas Hickson of Over in the parish of Whitegate aged 29 years, yeoman & Mary Hancock
of Parkgate, Neston widow?
- Thomas Hickson, yeoman. 2 entries:
- Will 28 July 1770 Neston, Great Saughill - daughter Anne, wife of Joseph Zachary. Proved at Chester
- Will 1773 Shotwick - of Great Saughill
There are two places in Cheshire called Newhall. In these records it was not made clear which
it was. They are "Newhall in Northwich"
(which is near to Lower Peover) and "Newhall near Nantwich"
(which is nowhere near Nantwich being in the west of Cheshire, near Chester!).
- Ellinor Higson, a spinster of Newhall, made her Will in 1597. Is there a connection with
Norton is midway between
Dutton near Runcorn and
see also Norton, Derbyshire.
- John Hickson, Yeoman of Norton, made his Will in 1656
Oakmere is surrounded by
Little Leigh and
- Higson of Oakmere Hall is thought to have married Mary Lamb. His son, William, was born 1837.
- John Higson, born 1817 in Liverpool, was a Justice of the Peace and a Produce Broker.
In 1881 he was living at Oakmere Hall (head of household), described as married, but his wife
must have been absent on the day of the census.
- Reginald Higson, born 1872 in Oakmere, was a pupil at School Chester Road, Hartford, Cheshire.
Could he be a grandson of John?
Plemstall is near Barrow and
situated in the centre of
Dunham on the Hill,
- Richard Hicksonn. Found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
- Thomas Hickson married Alice Clough in 1700
- William Hixton married Mary Jones in 1825
Prestbury is between
- Robert Hicheson married Katheren Dayhurst 26 APR 1626, in Prestbury
- Daniel Hickson married Sarah Meares 7 MAY 1768, in Prestbury
- Daniel Hickson of Prestbury, born ABT. 1756 , married Mary Dawson 25 NOV 1781, in Prestbury
- Joseph Hickson, farmer of Lower Withington, made his Will in 1819
- Ann Hickson married William Bloor 29 JAN 1811, in Prestbury
- Margaret Hickson of Old Withington and George Bickerton of Lower Withington, marriage banns 14 Feb 1821
- Martha Hickson and Thomas Chapman both of Macclesfield, marriage banns 13 Aug 1821
- Martha Hickson and Benjamin Green both of Macclesfield, marriage banns 30 Dec 1821
- William Hickson and Mrs Elizabeth Kennedy both of Macclesfield, marriage banns 17 Jan 1825
- Thomas Hickson of Wolsingham, Co Durham and Lois Lockett of Macclesfield, marriage licence 31 May 1825
- James Hickson and Ann Lownds both of Macclesfield, marriage banns 20 June 1825
- Thomas Hickson of Chelford and Ann Reade of Macclesfield, marriage banns 27 July 1825
- Samuel Hickson, born 1810 in Hartford,
married Susannah Lomas 2 AUG 1836, in Prestbury,
died 27 JAN 1879,
buried 1 FEB 1879 in Malpas, Cheshire
- Hannah Hickson married John Wild 22 APR 1833, in Prestbury
- Peter Hickson married Mary Ann Hamlett 1837, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Daniel Hickson, born 1823 in Macclesfield, Cheshire,
married Mary Birchenall Stubbs 9 MAR 1845, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Elizabeth Hickson married Matthew Williamson 1847, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Mary Hickson married William Davenport 1848, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Ann Hickson married Joseph Davies 1849, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Sarah Hickson married John Clearke 1849, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Joseph Hickson, born 1831 in Macclesfield, Cheshire, married Maria Newton 1849, in St Peter, Prestbury
- James Hickson married Mary Woolescroft 1853, in St Peter, Prestbury
- William Hickson married Betty Upton late 1850s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Joseph Hickson, born 1836 in Prestbury,
married Elizabeth Kennedy late 1850s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Thomas Hickson, born 1836 in Congleton, Cheshire, married Ann Johnson late 1850s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- John Hickson married Ann Rowlinson early 1860s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Susannah Hickson married Eli Lomas early 186s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Elizabeth Ann Hickson married Thomas Barber Blate 1860s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Elizabeth Hickson married George Booth late 1860s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Susannah Hickson, born 1846 in Prestbury. She was a farmer
- Elizabeth Hickson married Thomas Allen early 1870s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Samuel Hickson married Elizabeth Chapman Rushton 1 OCT 1873, in Prestbury
- David Hickson married Sarah Barber late 1870s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Hannah Hickson, born 1855 in Prestbury
- Sarah Ann Hickson married Fred Start late 1870s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Sarah Elizabeth Hickson married Samuel Proctor late 1870s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Abraham Hickson married Mary Ellen Pickstone late 1870s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Joseph Hickson married Ellen Exley early 1880s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Rosa Ellen Hickson married James Nield early 1880s, in St Peter, Prestbury
- Alice Hickson married Joseph Bailey Robinson late 1880s, in St Peter, Prestbury
Siddington is situated between
Mottram St Andrew,
- William Hickson. Found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
There are two Staplefords in Cheshire - adjacent civil parishes a
little east of Chester - both too small to appear on most maps. Named
Bruen Stapleford and Foulk Stapleford after their respective
mediaeval landowners. Bruen Stapleford is the larger (population =
66!) and contains Stapleford Hall. The familes have links to many
others of the landowning fraternity in Cheshire and thus to other
nearby country houses.
- Oliver Hickson, husbandman. 1617, Will & Inventory of personal property (Cheshire Wills)
- Margaret Hickson. 1631, Inventory of personal property (Cheshire Wills)
- Mary Hickson, daughter of John Hickson & Mary Whalley, was baptised in Lincolnshire 1638
Stoke or Stoak is near
Croughton and between
Dunham on the Hill,
- William Hixon was buried 1670 in Stoke (Stoak)
- John Hixson was buried 1673 in Stoke (Stoak)
- Timothy Hickson "of Cro" (Croughton?) had his children, Elnne & Thomas, and others,
baptised in Stoke (Stoak) 1683/7
- Jeremiah Hixon married Mary Peerey 1716 in Stoke
- Martha Hickson married William Marsh 1720 in Stoke by Chester
- Thomas Hickson, Yeoman of Over, married Mary, of Parkgate, 1746 in Stoke
- Mary Hixon married Joseph Withers 1752 in Stoke
- Charles Hickson, a Publican of Ellesmere Port. Admon 1828, Stoke (?)
Tarporley is between
Clotton Hoofield and
- Thomas Hickson of Idenshawe was buried 1597 in Tarporley
- Richard Hickson of Utkinton was buried 1612 in Tarporley
- John Hickeson married Katheryn Bateman 1577 in Tarporley
- Thomas, son of John Hickson, was baptised 1582 in Tarporley
- James, son of John Hickson of Clotton, was buried 1609 in Tarporley
- Elizabeth Hixon, daughter of Harry Hickson, was baptised 1592 in Tarporley
- Robert Hickson was found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
- Joan Hickson married John Fisher 1621 or 1626 in Tarporley
- Mary Hickson married Joseph Tapley, both of Tarporley, 1680 in Church Minshull
- Mary Hickson married John Greenway 1728 in St Andrew's parish Church, Tarvin.
She was buried 1777 in St Helen's parish Church, Tarporley
- John Higson married Mary Weld 1756
- William & Mary Hickerson (born 1830 & 1833 in Tarporley) lived in Newton in Makerfield (1861 census)
- John Higson, born 1841 in Tarporley, was a gardener in Altrincham in 1881. He married Ellen.
Correction, Timperley, not Tarporley
Tarvin is in the middle of
- William Hickson was a labourer of Clotton. Will made 1612 in Tarvin.
- Robert Hickson, of Tarvin & Ashton, made his Will in 1619.
- Mary Hickson of Tarvin. Probate/Admon 1686
- John Hickson was a husbandman of Clotton. Admon or administration bond 1703
- Margaret Hixon married Richard Lloyd 9 MAY 1679, in Tarvin
- Mary Hickson married John Greenway 1 JAN 1727/28, in St Andrew's Parish Church, Tarvin.
She was buried 23 JUN 1777 in St Helen's Parish Church, Tarporley
- William Hickson married Elizabeth Rosengrave 19 MAY 1743, in Christleton
- Thomas Hixson, of Thornton, married Mary Dodd 2 JAN 1797, in Tarvin
- Thomas Hickson married Mary Jones 3 APR 1800, in Tarvin
- Roger Hickeson of Clotton had 4 children between 1569 & 1575, baptised in Tarvin
Tattenhall is midway between
- John Hickson, Husbandman of Clotton, Admon 1703
- William Hixon married Ann Calley JUN 1708, in Tattenhall
- John Hixson married Margaret Lloyd 30 DEC 1734, in Tattenhall
- Mary Hickson married John Evans 29 JUL 1760, in Tattenhall
- John Hickson, born 1741, buried 21 MAR 1816 in Tattenhall,
married Martha Harding 24 JAN 1764
- Thomas Hixon married Alice White 21 FEB 1767, in Tattenhall
- William Hickson married Jane Stockton 2 JUL 1770, in Tattenhall
- Thomas Hixon married Hannah Faulkner 6 JUL 1772, in Tattenhall
- George Hickson, a husbandman, was sown as George Hicks in the Tattenhall parish register.
With Alice, his wife, he had 6 children between 1801 & 1811
- Samuel and Martha Hickson had their son, Samuel, baptised 1811
- George Hicks, born 1845 in Tattenhall married Jane
- Mary Haxon, born ABT. 10 APR 1853 in Tattenhall, was buried 29 MAY 1853 in Tattenhall
- Martha M Higson, born 1866 in Birkenhead, was living in Tattenhall in 1881
Tilston is midway between
- Thomas Higson a glover. Will & Inventory of personal property 1615
Utkinton is between
- Richard Hickson of Utkinton, was buried 1612 in Tarporley
Warrington is on the Cheshire / Lancashire border, situated between
- Peter Hickson, born 1696, married Mary Rowlenson 30 NOV 1717, in Warrington
- Samuel Higson, born 1724, married Hannah Hewit 3 NOV 1745, in Warrington St Elphin, Cheshire
- John & Mary Hickson had their children, James & Frances, baptised 1760 & 1762
- Joseph Hickson died 27 OCT 1808, buried 29 OCT 1808 in Childwall,
married Betty Robinson 12 JUN 1796, in St Elphins, Warrington
- Ann Hickson, died 1841 in Winwick, (Warrington)
- Frances Hickson married Thomas Jackson 6 JAN 1785, in Warrington
- Peter Hickson married Betty Smith 2 APR 1799, in Warrington
- Paul Hickson married Elizabeth Aldred 6 OCT 1811, in Warrington
- Thomas Hickson married Betty Lawson 13 OCT 1811, in Warrington
- Mary Hickson married Robert Hale 9 JUN 1818, in Warrington
- Elizabeth Hixon married Thomas Marsh 14 OCT 1827, in Warrington
- John Higson, born 1808 in Warrington, married Betty
- Ellen Hickson, probably born ca 1825. Was living in the Workhouse in 1846
- Ann Hickson married James Acton 18 JUN 1831, in Warrington
- Mary Hickson married Thomas Bate 5 DEC 1833, in Warrington
- Susannah Higson was born 1829 in Warrington
- Mary A Hickson, born 1839 in Budworth, Cheshire.
She was living in Warrington in 1881
- William Higson, born 1849 in Atherton, Lancashire, married Mgt. C. Higson
- Rachel Hickson married unknown 1871, in Warrington
- Sarah A. Higson, born 1851 in Southampton, was lodging in Warrington in 1881
- Edwin Higson, born 1858 in Droylsden, Lancashire, married Georgina
- 1846 - William Hickson born in Weaverham - WV/04/013 - CheshireBMD
- 1848 - Charles Hickson born in Weaverham - WV/04/092 - CheshireBMD
- Mary Hickson in of Gorstedge, buried 26 APR 1735 in Weaverham parish
- Elizabeth Hickson, born about 1591 in Weaverham married Richard Burrows
- Elizabeth Hickson of Over, born about 1591, married George Burrows 13 AUG 1612, in Weaverham
- Anna Hickson, born 1683 in of Whitegate married Johannes Billington 4 AUG 1704, in Weaverham parish
- Ephraim Higson, born 1686, died 13 MAY 1725 in Rosthern, married Esther Hewitt 1716 in Rosthern
- Margarett Hickson, born 1693 in of Sandiway married Jonathan Bough 22 AUG 1714, in Weaverham parish
- John Hickson, born 1705, married Alice Hunt 19 OCT 1726, in Weaverham
- Mary Hickson, born ABT. 1711 in Of Weaverham married John Worrall ABT. 1732, in , of Weaverham
- Samuel Hickson, born 1725 in , of Weaverham, married Hannah Mainwaring 28 JUL 1746, in Weaverham Cum Milton
- Thomas Hixon, born 1734, married Ann Maddock 10 AUG 1755, in Weaverham
- Charles Hickson, born WFT Est. 1741-1770, married Sarah Boardman 27 JAN 1791, in Great Budworth
- Charles Hickson, born 1749, married Sarah Leech 31 DEC 1770, in Weaverham
- Mary Hickson, born 1756 in , of Weaverham married William Coy 24 FEB 1777, in Weaverham
- William Hickson, born 1756 in , of Weaverham, married Sarah Littler 1 JAN 1777, in Weaverham
- William Hickson, born 1769, married Hannah Corwell 12 JUL 1790, in Weaverham
West Kirby is situated on the extreme western end of the
Wirral Peninsula near
- Joseph Hickson Will made 1829 in West Kirby. He was a farmer of Hilbre Island
- John Hickson married Margaret Rowlands 5 JUL 1802, in West Kirby
- Nancy Hixon married Samuel Banks 1 JUN 1803, in West Kirby
- Thomas Hickson married Annie Holland early 1880s, in St Bridget, West Kirby (Cheshire BMD)
Wrenbury is situated between
Chorley in Macclesfield and
- Ellinor Higson, a spinster, made her Will in 1597 (Wrenbury?). She lived in Newhall
- John Hickson married Elizabeth Smith 1779 in Wrenbury
- Hannah Hickson married William Simpson 1806 in Wrenbury.
Was Hannah, John's daughter?
Withington, Cheshire is situated between
- Joseph Hickson was a farmer in Lower Withington. His Will was made in 1819 in Prestbury
- Margaret Hickson of Old Withington & George Bickerton published their marriage banns in 1821, Prestbury
- Samuel Hickson, born 1810 in Hartford, married Susannah Lomas in 1836 in Prestbury.
His children, Joseph, 1841 & Susannah, 1843, were baptised in Old Withington
- Note that 2 HIGSONs were born in Withington, Lancashire in 1871/3
Wybunbury is between Hatherton,
- John Hickson, found in the Cheshire Remonstrance of 1642
- William Hickson, Yeoman, Inventory of personal property 1669
- Ralph Hickson, father of Mary who was buried in 1797
- John Hickson, Admon or administration bond 1737
- Joseph Hickson, a Yeoman, he married Mary. He died 18 NOV 1737 and she died 5 days later.
Admon or administration bond 1737
- Thomas Hickson of Checkley, he was buried 19 FEB 1806 (Wybunbury records)
- Mary Hickson was buried 19 APR 1797
- Samuel Hickson, died 7 SEP 1859 in Derbyshire, buried 1859 in Wybunbury
- Samuel Hickson married Elizabeth Clough 16 JUL 1805
- Thomas Hickson, probably born 1825-1841, he was buried in Wybunbury Churchyard (no dates)
- James Hickson, born 1828 in Wybunbury, married Frances
- George Stapeley Hickson, born 21 JUN 1869, died 5 JUL 1869, buried 9 JUL 1869 in St Chad's, Wybunbury
- Samuel Stapeley Hickson, born 10 SEP 1870, died 1870, buried 30 SEP 1870 in St Chad's, Wybunbury